Monday, May 08, 2006

"Elizabethtown"

Saw "Elizabethtown" this weekend and it made me what to do three things...1.) Talk on the phone to someone for hours on end. 2.) Take a roadtrip across the US. 3.) And get in a car, turn up the music really loud, and sing at the top of my lungs in any key I wanted. I totally had a "I miss America" moment while watching the movie which lead to me creating these maps. You can create your own map too at www.world66.com. The states in red are the states I have been to in America. I been to 21 states (that 41%). Now that I am looking at the map, I guess I have been to Pennsylvania or New Jersey also because I drove to New York and had to get there somehow. Ok, the dark red countries are where I have lived (that be the US and Japan). The regular red is where I have been (that be Canada, Thailand, and I included Guam, because I am going there this THURSDAY!!). The gray is where I want to visit. I have been to only 2% of the world's countries (5 countries)...hopefully it will be more someday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the movie too . . . I actually took a road trip there during this semester with a friend of mine shortly after watching it. Elizabethtown is small and somewhat boring. No one fell in love when I went. haha I also have the soundtrack. It's a good one.

Anonymous said...

That's a great movie. I've taken that roadtrip twice (coming out to Seattle and then driving the truck I won back to Tennessee). That was fun, but I didn't do to much stopping to talk to random people about Elvis though. Anyway, hope things are going well