Friday, July 07, 2006

HANSHIN TIIIIIGERS!!!!

Shiona was given two free tickets to a Hanshin Tigers baseball game. The Tigers are the baseball team for Osaka, and Osaka is very faithful to the Tigers. Tiger fans are notorious for being loud, loyal, and always decked out in Tiger colors. So, Shiona and I dressed in Tigers attire, complete with hats, shirts, bags, noisemakers, and posters, and made our way to our third baseline seats where the Tigers took on Yokohama Bay. Me and Shiona in front of the Koshien Stadium where the Tigers play. This stadium is famous for the ivy growing up all around it and it still has a 1930s feel to it. The field!! Me and Shiona in our Tiger gear...we are wearing the same shirt (we each bought the same shirt separately) that says "Whether win or loose, I'm always a Tigers fan". I also have a matching pink Tigers hat and pink Tigers purse. At the end of the 7th inning and again at the end of the game, everyone blows up these balloons and lets them go at the same time. Here's the balloons at the end of the game with the scoreboard in the background. Tigers won 2-1!!!!!! Me and Shi with one of our posters, "These Americans love the Tigers!!" We were kinda hoping to get on tv :). And here's an actual conversation Shiona and I during the game demonstrating our knowledge of baseball...

  • "We can take pictures of ourselves during the halftime." -Shiona
  • "There isn't a halftime, Shiona." -Katie
  • "Are you serious? There isn't a show in the middle of the game?" -Shiona
  • "No. There's like 7 or 9 innings and there's no breaks." -Katie
  • "I could have swore there was a halftime show at the Mariners game I went to." -Shiona

4 comments:

Shio-chan said...

nice entry! I was worried there. Did you see mine? ;) There are some similarities. I liked the end conversation :)

Tam said...

I'm thinking Sho meant the seventh inning stretch :)

_-=true_story=-_ said...

... and I think Spain is in South America too...

Anonymous said...

Hai I like your T-shirts and the poster! its so funny to see Gaijin wearing it! haha.