Wednesday, July 19, 2006

To Hajime's House We Go

We went to our dear friend's, Hajime, house this weekend, and had a great time with LOTS of food, koto playing, and green tea! Hajime is a tremendous Christian with a wonderful family who was so kind to let all us foreigners invade their home. This was like my 7th time to invade their home. Tempura...that is, fried shrimp, fried potatoes, fried eggplants, fried peppers, and fried onions that you dip into some kind of sauce. It's nothing but southern food with a Japanese name. Hajime with her mama! Lizzy learning how to prepare green tea. Japanese view it as an art. Hajime serving me green tea. She placed the tea in front of me and then we bow to each other, and then I take it. Drinking the green tea. These are your missionaries in Japan...Lizzy, Hannah (my MK neighbor), and Kaylie (the summer missionary). The group with Hajime's mama. That's a koto in front of us.

2 comments:

stephen lee cavness said...

hey there katie!!

i just found your blog, and its good to see that you are enjoying yourself. i hope all is well in japan.
-stephen cavness

Anonymous said...

Is green tea powder expensive there? I've been looking for it here for some recipes and it's pretty pricey. I can only find it online.