Monday, September 25, 2006

A lesson on American girls vs. Japanese girls

A lesson on American girls vs. Japanese girls. Please notice my purse compared to Yumi's purse. Mine is about ten times larger than hers, but we're carrying about the same amount of stuff. Japanese girls are notorious for being "Mary Poppins"...carrying the smallest bags but unpacking a truckload of stuff. In Yumi's purse, I know she has a wallet, a camera, a cell phone, and various make-up supplies. Me, too...but I need the big purse to carry all of it. Also, Yumi's purse is subtle, an accessory, and from a name-brand designer. My purse, on the other hand, is pink, large, weighs about 1/5 of me, and was bought for $10 at a second hand store. Our purses match our upbringings.

2 comments:

JasonC said...

So which one does that make "high maintenance"?

Katie! said...

Haha, Jason! Haven't you learned yet that every girl has some degree of "high maintenance"?!