Sunday, November 26, 2006

Second Thanksgiving in Japan

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song." Pslam 95:1-2

Things I am thankful for this season:

  • Sweet Jesus and the things He has shown me this past year
  • Spening another Thanksgiving in Japan
  • TWO Thanksgiving Dinners...one with the Mission Family and one with Japanese friends
  • My Dad, who installed fast internet just for me, my Mom, who knows the exact number of days until I come home to Franklin, Kristin, who begins emails with "Gobble, Gobble", Karin, who loves to chat on the telephone with me, and Jamie, who tells me about jobs that she thinks I would be good at.
  • Green Bean Casserole and Cranberry Sauce
  • Just the amazing opportunity to serve God in this amazing place
  • Lizzy
  • All my wonderful friends in Japan who are the main reason I have fallen in love with this country

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie, long time no see! Whats new in Katieville? Today I had thanksgiving meal at my bestfriends' house and was soooo gooood. I ate n ate n ate n ate n sooo stuffed. but it wasn't new for me. hee hee!
Yup I'm trying to look like a stranger. Loved the beautiful slideshow!!

Anonymous said...

hi!katie!
thank u for stuffed awsome food! and after all, and also ate brownie and chocolate cake at home.
i haf to start jogging this week!

Shio-chan said...

Kieko! It looks like you had so much fun. I tried to call you but you weren't home :( But I got to talk to Liz :) I'm glad it was fun. Missed you!

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below! This is our whole Duty!