Friday, December 16, 2005

Week with Amanda in Osaka

This is Amanda, a university student from Texas who came and worked with me for one week. While Amanda was here, we went Christmas Caroling in downtown Osaka. We handed out Christmas CDs. Thankfully it wasn't too cold that night, but we still had to bundle up. This is at Outback Steakhouse. My friend, Maya, had a surprise party and we ate sooo much food. During Amanda's week with me, we were invited to speak at a high school about American culture. And we went to Himeji Castle. I thought that since it was a castle that it would be all pretty inside and that royalty at one time had lived inside. But really, castles in Japan are just fancy forts. The castles were just used to store food, hang guns and armor, and watch for the enemy coming. I don't know why they call it a castle. I am so thankful Amanda was able to come to Japan and spend a week working and living with me. We had a busy week with Christmas Caroling, having a Christmas Party at my house, prayer walking, going to parties and dinners with Japanese, speaking at a high school, attending English Club meetings, climbing Himeji, and meeting with new Christians. Thanks for coming to Osaka, Amanda!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie!!!

This is Joey Pierce. How the heck are you?? I didn't know you went back to Japan - how exciting! What else has been going on in the past couple of years I haven't seen you?

I live in Atlanta now and absolutely love it! My email is jpierce3@hotmail.com - email me, it's a must!

Joey

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Katie. I hope that you have a great one

Fellow Missionary,
Michael
www.xanga.com/mikeydreamer

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Wow! What a neat castle! But, just imagine our mansions in Heaven!

Rev. Ashley Beagle

Amanda said...

you're welcome ^_^
Sorry it took me so long to look at your blog...........