Monday, January 16, 2006

BCM Mission Team to Japan!

This past week a team of four girls from the Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) at the University of Tennessee at Martin (the best school in the state!) worked with me and as well as stayed with me. The team included Alyssa Holland, Lexie Cole, Sam Evans, and Amanda Lamberth, the team leader. Here's Amanda, the fearless leader. I thank the Lord for her preparation ahead of time and for her leadership during the week. She is one organized gal. Here's Sam. This is her reaction to Japan :). Here's Lexie. The picture of her and Sam were actually taken when they rode a gigantic Ferris wheel in downtown Osaka. And here's Alyssa...She really enjoyed Japanese karaoke. Here we are with some Mukagawa students and eating nabe, a Japanese stew. Pray for those Mukagawa students who met the team and were able to hear more about the gospel. The girls in Kyoto, the old Japanese capital, with my friend, Hajime. Amanda and Lexie went to Ririko's, center, speech competition. The team was here during Coming of Age Day, a Japanese national holiday for everyone who turned 20 years old the past year. The girls dress up in kimonos and walk about town. Here's two of the many girls we saw dressed up that day. Ah, behold the victorious winners of Cranium. With me, Amanda, and Tamaki on the same team, we are lethal. What a great week with the girls! It was a long, exhausting week, but alot was accomplished, people heard the gospel, and each one of the girls walked away with a new perspective on how God is making His glory known throughout Japan and the nations. An English Party, an English Movie/Discussion Night, prayer walking three universities, house churches, dinner parties, a pajama party with a Japanese friend, morning team worships, sightseeing Kyoto...all these things filled up the week. But those activities are not what make the trip successful or not...these girls were obedient to God's will, sacrificed financially and gave up time from their winter break, and came to Japan to share with those who have not heard, who simply do not know about Christ. Thank you, girls, for coming to Japan!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things went well. The team that came here to Seattle prayed for you guys while they were here. I enjoyed the group here and I know how much of an encouragement they were to me and I know the group that came to you were a great encouragement. Keep on working hard for Christ!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I loved the photos! I didn't know who the girls on the team were until I saw your pictures on the blog. I'm so glad they were a help and encouragement to you. My Matthew went to Seattle to be with Michael at The Purple Door - Matt had a wonderful mission experience the two weeks he was away.

I'm still praying for you each day and we lift you up in prayer at FBC Martin every Wednesday night!
Love, Shanna

Anonymous said...

Katie Jean,
Sis. Ruth McGinnis always shares your missions letters with me! I rejoiuce in Gods goodness in your ministry!

Rev. Ashley Beagle

Decoursey Baptist Church

Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DecourseyBaptistChurch