Monday, February 13, 2006

Jesus, Take the Wheel

So I am at my fitness club today (in Japan, it's a fitness club not a gym), and I hear this song being played throughout the club. It catches my attention because it's a COUNTRY song, and the only other country song I have heard in public in Japan is Faith Hill's "Mississippi Girl". I'm trying to see if I know the song and I hear in the chorus "Jesus, take the wheel, take it from my hands cause I can't do this on my own". I am not really sure about the singer of this song, but I love the chorus of this song. After being in Japan for almost a year, I am just finally coming to the understanding that I cannot do this on my own at all...that Jesus has to take the wheel because there is no way I can do this on my own. And how wonderful that we have a Savior who will take the wheel for us!

2 comments:

_-=true_story=-_ said...

Was the song sung by a female vocalist? If so, it was probably Carrie Underwood: "Ms. American Idol of 2005." Although it could have been someone else, but given Underwood's popularity it wouldn't suprise me. Yep... for what its worth... which isn't much...







...at all

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Please Pray for me... this is a battle that I am fighting - trying to lose wieght. I need Jesus to slap my hands most of the time whern I reach for my fork!

Rev. Ashley Beagle
Decoursey Baptist