Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Karaoke, Little Door, and Outback

What do we do for fun in Japan? KARAOKE, of course! It's a national pastime in Japan, along with shopping and eating! The great thing about Karaoke in Japan is that you rent a room with only your friends. So, you aren't singing in front of a crowd of people you don't know...only your friends. When you sing American songs at Karaoke, the strangest backdrops will appear on the screen. Here's Abe Lincoln. The Statue of Liberty, the White House, and two guys fist fighting are also frequent images. Any Disney songs, songs from the Sister Act movies, and Elton John songs are all popular at Karaoke. This is the bathroom door at the Karaoke place. Please notice that my head is touching the top frame of the door. More evidence that I am not Japanese size. OUTBACK! My refuge! Complete with Blooming Onions, free refills of Coke, American-size hamburgers, and STEAK!!! The Joy!!

Thank you, Jesus, for American restaurants.

3 comments:

Shio-chan said...

Oh yeah, I like your entry much better. I can see the writer in you coming out. I can't wait for that book!

Justin Vorel said...

KARAOKE-
My friends and I used to go from 2am to 6am because at that time it was really cheap. But my teachers did not like me missing class, but once karaoke gets in your blood it is addictive.
My favorite song to sing- Country Road.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I think that there has to be an Outback in Heaven!

Rev. Ashley Beagle
Decoursey Baptist Church