Friday, April 14, 2006

HANAMI PARTY!

The Cherry Blossom trees are blooming and it's time for Hanami! That is, Cherry Blossom Viewing Parties. And what to Japanese do at Hanami? Sit under the trees with friends, eat, relax, eat, play games, and eat! Here's some pics of my Hanami! This is Shukagawa River. But really it's a creek. However, the Cherry Blossoms are so beautiful in this area. Here we are sitting on our tarp underneath the Cherry Blossom trees enjoying lots of food and fellowship! And here's our massive supply of food. I made the brownies in the black container...thanks to a care package containing brownie mix from Mrs. Hulgan!!! Cherry Blossoms!! Takako and Azu sharing a laugh! Maya and Mika! Around where people are watching Cherry Blossoms, some vendors are set up selling various things. One guy had this game where you try to catch little gold fish. I won two fish (except one isn't a gold fish, he's something else with big protruding eyes). So I named the gold one Sakura (which means cherry blossom) and the black one Lin (which was my friend's, Chihiro, brother's name). It's the only pet my supervisors will let me have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun! The cherry blossoms are beautiful!