Monday, July 31, 2006

WAKAYAMA!

Went to Wakayama this weekend, a nice little ocean town not too far from Osaka. Ahh, the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The rock behind me is a famous rock in Wakayama. It's cool how there is that hole right in the middle. Ok, so Wakayama is famous for the fresh fish. Actually, all Japan is famous for its fresh fish, but Wakayama is especially famous. You can't go to Wakayama without eating some Sashimi and Sushi (that would be raw fish). After eating raw fish for lunch and dinner on Saturday, having some kind of fish something for breakfast on Sunday, AND having raw fish again for lunch on Sunday...this little inland, beef-loving, Grill-it-Bake-it-Fry-it girl is a bit fished out. Hajime said, "When I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and saw the big octopus attacking the ships, I wondered if the octopus would be tasty." Only would a Japanese ever have that thought. Here's Hajime with a gigantic octopus arm. Whale Bacon was for sale. I think Japan is the only country to sale whale. They also had whale meat for sale. This bacon here costs around 28 American dollars. Aika...stinkin' cutest little girl ever. She came with us this weekend. She humbled me this weekend by telling me, while I was trying to desperately to carry on a conversation with her in Japanese, that I couldn't speak Japanese. Shot down by a five year old. Beautiful Wakayama. Beautiful Japan. This is the beach at Wakayama, called Shirahama. Doesn't it look like Brazil or Hawaii or something? I did not feel like I was in Japan. Miki, Satomi, me, Hajime, and Kei...beach bunnies! Here's Aika and her brother, Taru, doing stretches before they went swimming in the ocean. Stinkin' cutest kids ever. Miki and Upi...they just got married in February and are the most precious Christian couple ever. When I saw them holding hands walking down the beach, I had to take a picture. And the sunset in my beautiful Japan!

1 comment:

Madoka N. said...

When I was child, I always went Shirahama every year and I stayed big resort apartment behind all of you in the picture!