Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Introducing Prince Hisahito!

No pictures yet of the little bundle of joy, but in an official naming ceremony yesterday, the newest prince of Japan was named Hisahito. He is third in line to become emperor of Japan after his grandfather and his uncle. I've been keeping up with the news surrounding the birth of this baby, and it's funny because my friends here seem disinterested in little Hisahito's birth. I, on the other hand, have become somewhat obsessed with him. I am praying for this little baby so hard...praying that someday God will place someone in his life who will share the truth with him, praying that someday he will come to understand what Christ did for him on the cross, praying that God will use him to bring other Japanese to faith in Him. Little Hisahito is a precious gift from God...and I believe God placed him in the family he is in for a reason. So, I pray for little Hisahito.

Sometime during my youth group days in church, someone said it was important to pray for people in positions of influence. Since then, I have had numerous "obsessions" with praying for people in government and in entertainment. I have regularly prayed for Bill Clinton and then for George W. and Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen. I still regularly pray for Prince William. I've went through spurts of praying for Jessica Simpson, Mel Gibson, Tom Hanks, Nicolas Sparks, Clay Aiken, and Beyonce. Currently, besides little Hisahito, I have an urge to pray for Dan Brown and Anna Nicole Smith. Mostly I pray that God will reveal Himself to them in a mighty way and that they will ache to know the Truth. I kind of have a tendency to get obsessed with people, too :).

No comments: