Friday, October 06, 2006

Things you should know about Japan today...

  • Meet Aya and Yu, two 17 year old girls who became believers last week! Pray for these sweet girls as they grow in Christ and live their lives serving Christ in a very dark place. They are the first Christians in their families. Ask God to protect them, to reveal Himself to them in a mighty way, and that discipleship will be effective, consistent, and reproducible.
  • My new hobby...watching Korean television dramas. I have recently just finished the first season of "My Lovely Sam-Soon" on DVD (in Korean with English subtitles). Korean dramas are so popular in Japan...the main reason being the dramas are so pure and romantic. And I totally became addicted to "My Lovely Sam-Soon" because it is so pure and romantic...and because there is tons of drama. Everyone is either in a car wreck, dying of some sickness, adopted, in love with their ex-girlfriend/boyfriend, or in danger of loosing their house. I learned some interesting things about Korean culture too. For instance, in Korean culture (and Japanese) it is very romantic to clean out your boyfriend's ears for him.

  • Yesterday, Liz and I grabbed some lunch with our crazy friend, Tsubasa. I had some rice with some black stuff in it. When I asked Tsubasa what it was, she looked up the English name in her electronic dictionary. It's called "Judas's Ear" in English. Hmmm.

  • And this morning I realized that each one of my sisters and I are living in a different time zone from each other for the first time. My oldest sister, Kristin, is in Las Vegas and is 2 hours behind central time. My third sister, Karin, is at UT Martin and is in good 'ole central time. The baby, Jamie, is in East Tennessee, one hour ahead of Karin. And me...I'm the first one to see each new day.

3 comments:

stephen lee cavness said...

blog stalker!!!! (wink)

i hope all is well with you. i enjoy reading abut your adventures.

how long will you be in japan? is this a permanant thing?

-stephen

JasonC said...

The Thai girls love the Korean dramas too. I'm sure we could work out a swap of DVDs if you want.
How's the typhoon? One of my partners is stuck in Tokyo at the airport for 2 days because of it.

Tendermercy said...

hey girl,
is your hair different than at the farm? It looks really good. Your bangs are longer of something. me gusta.

Julie