Friday, January 06, 2006

Japan Spiritual Retreat 2006

This week was the Spiritual Retreat for Southern Baptist missionaries in Japan. For three days, we prayed, fellowshipped, studied God's word, worshipped, and renewed ourselves for ministry for 2006. Meeting missionaries serving all over Japan was great, especially hanging out with the three other Journeymen. I also adored being all around the missionary kids, or MKs. And it snowed!! Somehow having snow makes the cold weather so much more bearable!

Here's the beautiful snow and the beautiful mountains! You can see the snow falling! Here's the Japan Journeyman!!! Rachel in Yokohama, me in Osaka, Elizabeth in Nagoya, and Eileen in Yokohama! Those are snowflakes falling in front of my camera. I have never taken pictures before in the falling snow, but, as you can see, snowflakes get in the picture.

Sweet MKs performing a music program at the end of the week. Three of the older MKs...The third one, Hannah, is my neighbor. And Zachary, a MK...Check out his adorable expression!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. It was really great hanging out and goofing off. Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you got that pink coat... I noticed you were wearing your scarf!
Those are really neat pictures with the snow falling in front.
I'm praying for you and the Martin girls this week!
Love,
Laura

Brandon R. Reed said...

i know that little boy!! Its charlie and darlene's little zachary. I hope everything is going well. I am praying for you and the group from UTM. I saw Japan on the news today because of all of the snow and I looked for you, but you werent there. Oh well. haha. Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Looks like Zack is meaning by his expression "Say What?"

Rev. Ashley Beagle