Friday, June 09, 2006

Things you should know about Japan today...

  • The rice fields around my house have been flooded, and the frogs have arrived, and they are insanely loud. I can't even imagine what it must have been like during the plague of frogs in Exodus. Also, frogs don't say "ribbit" in Japan, they say "ghetto".
  • Liz and I were walking down the street, and a mom comes by on her bike with her little boy in the child's seat on the back. As the bike passes us, the little boy turns around to stare at us, and then all the sudden blows us a kiss. It was sweet.
  • Liz and I had the luxury of watching the season finale of "American Idol" last night. While I love Chris and Mandisa, and Taylor is growing on me, I was so excited to see Clay Aiken and his new 'do...He is still my favorite American Idol.
  • Our bathroom is a mold magnet. Today as I sprayed bleach where the mold likes to live and watched it disappear, I found myself singing Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone"...Since you been gone, I can breathe for the very first time.
  • And today I ate this.... I know it doesn't look very appetizing but it is my favorite Japanese food. It's okonomiyaki, and it's a cabbage pizza/pancake thing. This one is especially cute because the lady made it heart-shaped. Ai and me cutting our cute heart-shaped meal.

4 comments:

Justin Vorel said...

Katie,

I always enjoy your blog.
I love the pictures the most.
It is amazing that the world is such a different place. I would love to spend a day with you just watching all the cool things that you do everyday.
Take care of yourself
Keep up the great work

Shio-chan said...

I like it when you put updates like this. Oh, and that last picture...a little scary. I'm glad you're not a doctor. And by the way, WE MISS YOU!!! (sniff, sniff)

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

looks like you are rockin Japan! How long will you be there? Long term???

Anonymous said...

I still think the thought of cabbage pancakes are gross!!!
Love ya!!! Kaleigh